Sunday, September 21, 2008

a birthday ride

Tomorrow is Dave's birthday, so to celebrate, Nate planned a day on the motorcycles. We skipped out on church this morning and met for breakfast. Kas and Nate were on their bike, Ed and I on our bike and Dave on his bike. Deb followed in the car (thank goodness.... because the ride was too cold at first for Kas, and we had somewhere to put out "shopping goodies" that wouldn't fit on the bikes!!!)

It was an absolutely grand day. Still a bit warm for this time of year, and the leaves are just beginning to turn... but we couldn't have "asked" for better weather!!! I love riding the bike on the "back roads"... the traffic is less, you can take your time and really see the countryside. Ed and I have to make a "habit" of getting out more often... winter will be here soon, and the bike will be tucked away... so we need to enjoy it while we can.




People have asked if I miss living near the ocean.. and of course I do. But I have to say the "lake region" is just as pretty. I guess as long as I am near some body of water.. I am a happy gal.

Once the leaves are in full color, we will certainly need to make this trip again.

Happy Birthday, Dave... and thanks for the great idea today, Nate!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next year I'll be 50 so you guys can push me around in my wheel chair

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I wished Chris and I got out together more on his bikes. I love to ride, but we seldom seem to get around to it when we are together. Too much other stuff to do-darn it.