Saturday, November 15, 2008

enjoying life again

So, to start this blog off... may I first tell all of you that I am on the mend and feeling so much better than I did just a week ago. Thank you all so much for your notes and phone calls, checking up on me!!! I guess it's pretty safe to say that I did have some version of the flu... it started out with "cold" like symptoms but with the fever, aches and various other things, I guess it can safely be called the flu, either way, it's pretty much gone, and word to the wise.... DON"T get it!!!!

I feel like I missed out on so much... I really missed teaching my classes, it's a treat to see all "my dogs" week to week, so I will be very happy to get back and see how everyone is. The guys have all the beams up on the house!!!! so, that is it... and I can truly see the size and shape. I think it's going to be the perfect size for us, and even though there is still months of work to be done, I really (really!!!) can't wait to be in it!!! The stairs are being worked on next ..then I can go up and see what that looks like, and the panels come next... then the roof, garage, screen room, deck......and so on, and so on....

On another note, in case you weren't looking, eight weeks have come and gone... because last night, Kas and Nate brought Banjo home!!! For those of you who don't know... Banjo was one of the Chessie puppies that I helped deliver... yes.. eight weeks ago!!!

What an amazing dog he is!!!! (somewhat bigger in this picture than when I first "met" him!!!) He is going to be the perfect dog for Kas and Nate. He is incredibly sweet and mellow, but very curious and full of fun. He walked into their house like he had been there a million times before. He respects Charlie, is interested in Nora, and adores anyone who thinks he is grand!!!



If done right, raising a litter of puppies is a huge undertaking, and I so wished more puppies had the same sort of start to life that Banjo got. Mary and Ed did an outstanding job and because of that, this little guy has a strong foundation to begin his life with. His training is going to be a breeze and so much fun.. again because of the way his first weeks of life went. Truly friends, if you want your money's worth (aside from adoption) please go to good, ethical breeders who invest their time, knowledge and hearts and souls into their puppies... you will never be disappointed by doing so!!!!

Welcome to the family.... baby Banjo!!!!!

No comments: