Friday, December 08, 2006

fuzzy wuzzy



December 8th, first snow of the season... not much, just a few inches to make the world white and put you in that Christmas feeling. It's a cold day, too, about 22 degrees, with wind!!! so the cockers and I stay close to the woodstove... but not the big boys, especially Tonka. Both Silver and Tonka have heavy winter coats, but Tonka's is very thick, and being black, the sun warms him. I don't know if it's because he's a draft (cold blood) or Canadian, but either way, this is his kind of weather. I don't bother with blankets on either one of them, unless we get down below zero, because they can come and go as they want from their stalls, they know where the most comfort is. They do however, appreciate the hot beet mash that they got for lunch today, and gobbled it down quickly. Then long drinks of water, and were beginning on a flake of hay as I left the barn. It's cozy in the barn, the big doors are shut and the hay up in the loft makes a good insulation, they are happy boys!!! I keep dreaming that next winter, we will be sleigh riding, provided I get my driving work done, and we can re-store the sleigh we have in the back shed... it's certainly fun to think about it.... well, time to do some more decorating... the dog club comes next week for their annual party, and I have lots to do.....

No comments: