Monday, February 12, 2007

one done

As previously reported, I found in my organizing
a couple of quilt tops, just waiting to be finished.
This one( I think ) I made almost six years ago, and just set it aside, waiting for battening and backing
and wouldn't you know, I even had that for it..

So, I buckled down and got it done. It's called
"split rail fence" and even though its quite nice, one thing that is a "problem" .. these really aren't my colors any more!!! Cami doesn't seem to mind, when I put it out to photogragh, as you can see, she was more than happy to model on it!!! But, its a nice size for the couch and those chilly nights still yet to come, to cuddle under!!!

Now, got to get some of the other tops together, before they too, run into the unlucky fate of "not really my colors!!!"

"They're" talking big snows for Valentine's Day. Normally I would be the first one in line to shout "hurray!!! bring it on".. but this time, I am not so happy, as Sadie and Josh are scheduled to fly out that day to bring Kassy back to Maine. Since I know there isn't one thing I can do about it, guess we will just have to wait and see what the weather really does and then what we will need to do about it....

Please keep Nate in your daily prayers as he trains out in California before his deployment... pray for all our troops and for all the loved ones here at home that keep the faith for them........

1 comment:

Deb said...

It's a beautiful quilt Sue! And Cammie DOES look lovely as ever as she models it! Now, I'm off to do the same with my scrapbooking....I need to clean up the "spare room" before Nate and Kas come home! Let's see...Lauren's graduation pages, Nate and Kas' wedding album, maybe add to some garden pages....I'm off to get started!