Wednesday, March 14, 2007

marines!!!


Kassy found this picture somewhere in her "marine place" on the internet. I had no idea that the marine corps has a horse unit, and I am looking further into this!!!

I really don't have much to say about it, expect.... could you find a picture that is any more handsome than this one??

If I do find out more about them, I will certainly share that info here... would be great fun to see them drill one day.

*****Dale, (after reading this post,) sent me information on this color guard. They are the only mounted unit in the marine corps and are used all over the country for special occasions. The horses that they ride are mustangs, which have been trained by the corps!!! on my comment section, Dale left a blog address which tells more about this unit if anyone is interested in reading further. THANK YOU, Dale for that information......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sue,

There is only one mounted guard left in the Corps. It is based out of the Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow, CA. Until the late 80's most bases maintained their own mounted guard. With all of the budget cutbacks of the post Cold War era, the mounted guards were decomissioned.

Sad but true!

Mike Yager