Thursday, January 17, 2008

"MY" Ed



TODAY is "My Ed's" 50th birthday!!!!!! There just isn't enough room on this blog to say all the great things I could say about this wonderful man!!! Most of you out there know us... know him... so, I wouldn't really be telling you anything new...

But maybe I can tell you a few things that you might not know... like... we met when I was in the second grade, and as kids, played together out on the school playground. He was one of those friends, who was always there for me ... a shoulder to cry on whenever some boyfriend was "mean" or "broke my heart", ( always told me to " get rid of the bum"!!!) or came in the "middle" of the night when my little car broke down!!! Always had something nice to say about me... liked my dogs!!!!! We never dated in school, but when we were in our early 20's, he asked me out one evening.. and well... you know the rest. We have been married for 26 years!!!

He is a wonderful husband, great Dad, sweet and probably the most patient person I have ever known (he's taught me some thing in THAT department!!!) He is full of fun and willing to try about anything.. from the fire fighting scene to playing with horses. He is talented and can (and does) build almost anything... he likes "projects"!!!!

And I feel so blessed that this guy is the one that God "gave" to me...... So, before this gets too sappy (and I embarrass him) let me just say "VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...RUMNEY!!!!!" 143









5 comments:

Nate & Kas said...

awww I'm not going to lie! You made me tear up mom! You two are very much in love and I hope 23years down the road we are just as happy!! Love you both!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Ed.
Happy birthday to YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!

(AND I MEAN IT!!!!!!)

I gave my mom a book, and she "found some problems in it", but I bet when God gave you Ed, He didn't mess up!!!

~Traci~ said...

Hope you had a great birthday Ed. Sorry we missed it! Love Traci and Dave.
P.S. Sue, that is such a sweet post...

blogdog said...

Happy 50th, Ed! Sorry you had to spend your birthday on a fire call.

Flymaine said...

You two are the sweetest couple!! Happy Belated Birthday Ed!!