Friday, February 22, 2008

"more done"



What is it with me, traveling to Acton and snow!!! The last few trips that I have made "north" have always been on snowy days. Even Ken made a comment as I pulled into the farm this morning.... "knew you were coming when I saw the snow falling"... oh well, I got that great big truck and four wheel drive, so it isn't any big deal... but, I hope that when I go up in August ...it won't be snowing!!!!!

So, the barn work is going full steam ahead despite the winter weather....





the hayloft is empty this winter, but that WON'T be the case next year!!! though I keep telling Ed....

it would make an awesome training room!!!!!



As you can see, the men are working on the shed roofs that will protect the stall doors. I can just see the horses hanging out under them on hot sunny days.. or rainy days.. or snowy days... or... well, you get what I mean.

Sadly, what we ordered for steel roof for the shed's is not long enough, so Ed has to place another order for that!!!! It's about the first big "goof" that has happened, not bad with a big project like this... so, it might be just a little bit before the roof is actually finished...Ken says it's going to make the barn look huge...

I think it already looks huge!!!!


When I got back from Acton, I packed up the piggie family and ran them over to the vets to "find out what they are"....

the verdict is in... they are ALL GIRLS!!!! ( and that came from first, second and third opinions!!!) This news makes me very happy because now I don't have to be in a worry about separating them anytime soon!!!! They are such a happy little family all together, and I just couldn't think of how I would have to split them up... but, now I don't have to worry about that just yet.....

whew!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a project...... I can't help but wonder what Ed is going to find to keep himself busy when he finishes the barn.

Congrats on the verdict!

Flymaine said...

I had all girl bunnies once...until something happened around 12 weeks...I will pray yours stay girls!! Love the barn. Will Ed build one for us?

Anonymous said...

COOOL!!!!!! I would LOVE to see the "horsies" in their stalls!!!

How's Ed coming?? My dad's still sore, so I help out more than usual, but that's okay!!!