Friday, March 21, 2008

five star accommodations


WELLLLL....... it isn't exactly the five star accommodations that we had been planning on this weekend.. but when you don't feel so great, THIS is the place to be.
So, as you all know from the previous blog, Ed hasn't been feeling so great. Well, Wednesday morning we got up, and Ed said "let's not leave until noontime" but at noontime, the fever was back and so was the headache. I wanted to run him back to the ER then and there, but he wasn't quite ready to go. We had a very long afternoon together and decided that the trip was out of the question. I called Kas and Nate, and Dave and told them we wouldn't be going.. they decided to not go as well. Ed felt terrible about this (had a bit of a meltdown!!!) but the way he was feeling, it couldn't be helped.
Finally around 10:00 pm, he decided that we better go back to the ER, his fever was extremely high again (103) and the headache was more than he could bear. They are so wonderful at that ER, everyone said "oh no, you're not back again"..... they ran all the tests, which surprisingly came back normal. The doctor said, "I need to do a spinal tap" (which just about gave me the horrors!!!), but good thing they did, because they discovered that Ed has viral meningitis!!!! (which of the two is the "good" kind).
Needless to say, he was directly admitted and has been there ever since. However, this morning, he CALLED me on the phone!!!! (I felt like we were dating again when I heard his voice on the line!!!!!!) and I ran up and we had breakfast together!!! He is feeling so much better, but just sitting up for awhile was about all he could take.
So, I am home for the moment to attend the puppy dogs (do some blogging) and then I will run back up to be with him. I think he might actually be on the mend..... so.. that's the news dear blog readers.... I'll keep you up to date.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...looks as if there was a very good reason for the two of you not making the trip. Poor Ed has had a very rough time of it lately. Hoping that Ed is now on the mend and things start running smoothly for the two of you again.

Anonymous said...

huge hugs for ed

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ed. I'm so sorry!!
We have you in our prayers, and we hope that you will get better soon.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!! (and, no I do not mean to the Easter Bunny!!!!)