Monday, April 28, 2008

hoofprints....







I drove for about as long as I could... (have definately decided that the cart seat will need a cushion.)... gave out all the rides that I could muster (Butch says I will "put him out of business" --NOT) and decided that I should get the cookout going and feed these wonderful friends.





So, I turned Tonka and his cart back over to Butch. Their grandson had come with them for the day... and Butch wanted him to have a little ride behind Tonka....








Major was at the end of his workout with Becky... so the last I saw was the family all out together in the field....





It made a sweet picture.



After we had the horses "tucked" in and taken care of... we had a little cookout and went over the events of the day. To be honest, my mind was swimming.... I had so much new information, plus the thrill of driving and the thoughts of what it will be like, living up there and running out to the barn on a moment's notice...
it was a bit overwhelming......


But ... the silliest thing of all..... I nearly broke into tears when I saw this...





Hoofprints on the farm!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that proves that Tonka was the frist horse on the farm.

Flying Lily said...

How wonderful! congratulations on the hoofprints and the beautiful family day. I think you are heading into a field of blessings. And your barn looks great.

Nate & Kas said...

These past few blogs are making me smile for you mom!! this is your dream come true!!!!

Deb said...

That's SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL! I'm glad that you had a great day!