Tuesday, April 08, 2008

inside

Despite the muck and the mud, work continues nicely on the barn. The interior walls have been boarded up now and Ed is working on the wiring and the pre-plumbing. The days go back and forth between outside work and inside work.. depending on the weather. It won't be long now, before this "open" side will be enclosed with stalls.

Which reminds me... I haven't told you all the "stall" story. We were told that there is a company in Eliot who basically builds barns, and that if you hit it "right" you can sometimes find "bargins" in their scrap pile. So, Ed and I took a ride over. We told them what we were looking for and as "luck" would have it, they said they might have just the thing.

A client of theirs had four stalls in a barn, but, they did not like the fact that a bit of rust was coming up on the stall doors... so, the client had the company come back and take all the stall out. Everything (including all the hardware) was sitting in a pile... we looked it all over, and the little spots of rust that were the complaint, didn't bother us in the least.... so, we bought all four stalls for a fraction of what they would cost new!!!! There were even guards for the windows!!!!! Fortunately, Ed got the stalls up to the barn before mud season... because it is highly unlikely he would get the trailer in now!!!!

Here is a view of the tack room..... the sink is one that Ed brought home from who knows where... but he has had it for all this time, sitting in a box and just waiting to be used....

THIS is just the thing he likes to talk about when I get on him about being a "pack rat" and wanting to save everything!!!!!


















And just in case my last "mud" photos weren't impressive enough.... just take a look at Ken's poor truck......

2 comments:

Flymaine said...

I am showing this post to Val! I love to find deals or free stuff to pack away. She no longer lets me go to the dump, since I come back with more than I go to drop off.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I hope the mud isn't too bad.

We're kinda like pack rats, ourselves. (That is, my younger sister, Katelyn and myself.) we run a small orphanage in our room for toys!!