Saturday, May 03, 2008

good girl, Camille

Bright and early this morning, Moxie, Camille and I headed to Acton (my soon-to-be hometown) to attend the York County Kennel club dog show. This is a really nice show, with a history of really bad weather, and nothing was different for this year. What was suppose to be a "cool day with chance of showers" turned out to be a rainy day that was down right cold!!!! But, wisely (though not fashion for sure) I dressed for the weather.

I entered both Moxie and Camille in Rally Obedience, but with Moxie not feeling well all week long, I decided to pull her from the show and just let Camille do her thing. It was Camille's very first time in the ring!!!!


And the "thing" is... I haven't really even taken the time to "train" her. Anything that she knows, she has picked up herself just by coming to classes with me and being my "demo" dog. Rally Novice is pretty basic obedience, but there are some details to it, that I knew she could do... provided she would listen to me.

Showing outside is a bit of a trick at times... there are many distractions!!! On top of that, the obedience rings are set up under the "pulling arena"... where during fair season... horses do their thing. I can only imagine what that dirt has the scent of....

But, little Camille did her "mom" proud and worked like a little show dog......

A "perfect" score is 100.... Camille got a 94 and qualified for her first Rally Novice Leg"... PLUS took fourth place AND highest scoring cocker...... "NOT too bad for a very first try"..... good girl, Camille!!!!!

and tomorrow, we go back and do it again.... guess what, they are predicting rain!!!!!

6 comments:

~Traci~ said...

Congrats to both Sue and Camille! That's great for a first time! I could never do that with Roxie, she's a little to "wired"!

Anonymous said...

Yeah- what a good girl!

Anonymous said...

Horray! I would like to see something like that happen around here, but we don't have enough dogs. Brittney's too old. (Gordan setter, age: somewhere around 8 or 10.)

Nate & Kas said...

Congrats Mommy!

Flymaine said...

Awesome!! So you won one of the biplanes!!! Congrats to you both!!

blogdog said...

Congratulations to both of you! I'm just sorry that it's taken me so long to get to your blog to say so. Hope Camille likes her little biplane toy from Auntie Dale!