Wednesday, May 07, 2008

looking for...


I am looking for a ... HORSE.... a "white" horse to be exact, and somewhere under all that hair (and dirt) he is there. It has been a daily search, and layer by layer, I think I am finally getting down to "him".

"poor ol' Sil"... when I bought him 11 years ago (this month in fact) my first words when I saw him was...."he's white??" I just knew that a "white" horse would be trouble!!!! Not in his temperment, mind you, in his "keeping clean!!!" and this has proven correct. Tonka on the other hand, can get away with a "ton of dirt" and you don't even know it!!!!

So, a sure sign of spring for me....

horse hair all over the floor.....









and for the old boy... well, he is there somewhere, but I still have a few more days of "looking" (ie: grooming!!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear your pain! Ive just about given up, and resigned myself to have a dingy beige/green/brown horse! and can you picture him once he gets a taste of that mud you had up in Acton?! might as well throw in the towel now! er, curry comb

Anonymous said...

I believe I know a little someone who would LOVE to groom him out. I missed him, even though he's old, he's sweet!

I had enough of shearing yesterday. (I.E., 4 alpacas, four people, lota tools!) And now they look like poodles! (You don't beleieve me? check the blog!!!)

Deb said...

Yup Sue...I did Alice's shedding today too! She looks beautiful, and she stood so nice with ears up and forward, she'd reach back and give me a nuzzle every now and then. Ahhhh, the reward!