Wednesday, July 02, 2008

pros and cons of an "empty nest"

Our youngest daughter recently moved out on her own... she stops in to visit, peek in the frig and do her laundry... but.. that's about the extent of it... and today, it got me thinking....
"Pros of the empty nest"....
the house is so quiet
when you "pick it up"... it stays "clean"
the grocery bill is less
things don't get "moved" around
you're not on anyone's schedule.. but your own
your kids come to visit... then leave to go "home"
"Cons of the empty nest"...
the house is so quiet
when you "pick it up"... it stays "clean"
the grocery bill is less
things don't get "moved" around
you're not on anyone's schedule... but your own
your kids come to visit.. then leave to go "home"......
I think you get the "idea".....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Now you make me not want to grow up! I don't wanna leave this wonderful, family-made nest!!

Well, You still "have" a kid, and she's still there. (Of course, she talks to you, too!)

Jules said...

That must be how my Mom feels. She often voices that she misses me, and even though Sis is still at home, she (Sis) is in the proccess of thinking of moving out. And though our parents miss us when we're not there, I know they enjoy having an "empty nest". :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm still at home for now so my parent's haven't had the "luxury" of experiencing the "empty nest" feeling yet.

P.S. I'll be adding your blog to my "new improved" blogroll too.

Anonymous said...

billy promises me he is going to live here forever! ill have to remind him of that when hes 16, not 6!

Flying Lily said...

Add one pro: Quiet nights of not listening for them to come driving up at 3 a.m. I still worry whenever they are home to visit and out with friends: Bed time! I will still do this when they are30-40-60 years old...