Wednesday, August 27, 2008

miss Pearl




Even though Ed has been away "playing" ..well, moving Kas and Nate... I have been pretty busy here. Still packing up some of the "little things" around the house, and even making a few trips north to deliver them.

Today, I popped in on the guinea hens to make sure they have food and water, and see what they have been up to.

"Mama" is allowing the babies some room now, and she doesn't get so startled when I appear. But, I will tell you one thing, her children certainly are well behaved. One little sound from Mama and they all scurry!!! All six keets are doing well, and I am happy, because I had feared that we might lose one or two in the transport... but so far, so good, and I think we are beyond that point now.

Kas said I needed to come up with a name for the "first bird" on the farm, and I have been thinking all week. I have come up with the name of Pearl... I don't know why I think she looks like "a pearl", but she just does when I see her.... so.. Miss Pearl and her six keets... it is!!!!

They are so much fun to watch, I have a "bad feeling" that much of my time on the farm will be watching and enjoying all the critters!!! By the way... I heard from the court , and they did not accept my "excuse me" letter... so I must report for jury duty on the 8th.... I have decided to smile and do my best... and remember that it is where God needs me to be at the moment......

2 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

She is pretty. Guinea make good snake catchers and "watch-dogs".
How are the cats doing?

Anonymous said...

Pretty birds.

Hey, brown-eyed cowgirls, I didn't know they are snake-catchers and watch-dogs! Thanks!