Sunday, September 21, 2008

grand-DOGS!!!

Ed and I are at the point in our lives where we have "grand dogs!!!" I remember when my own parents were grand dog grandparents, and I used to send them all sorts of photos of their grand dogs and tell them about all the things that they did. Now, I find the same thing happening with our own grand dogs....

We "have" three grand dogs.... they are....







Kato..... (Sadie and Matt's pitbull)




















Tatter (Sadie's cocker)









And Charlie.. (Nate and Kassy's cocker)











Now, with the idea of "moving home" Kas and Nate began to talk about getting a second dog.. a little brother (or sister) for Charlie. They really didn't want another cocker and thought that a bigger breed would be fun to have. Looking around, they have "toyed" with the idea of a few different breeds, but so far, nothing seems to be exactly what they want..... UNTIL...





Yesterday!!! when this little bundle of joy entered the world!!!!

I didn't say too much about him in yesterday's blog.. but actually this little "chap" and I already have a "history" together.... for when he arrived in the world, he wasn't breathing, and I had great fear that we "had lost him" during his birth. I wasn't about to let him go without a good try, and after a few anxious moments, he began to come around..... and within a few hours, he was up and around and "wrestling" with his littermates over his spot on Mom. Right away, he became my "favorite" and a special little blessing in his own right.

Well, after sharing the details of this story with Kas and Nate... they asked... "do you think Mary would consider us as "parents" for your special puppy?" so, we called and talked with Mary... and it looks like we will have a "new grand dog" within a few months!!!!

How cool is that?? Kas and Nate will have a new baby... I get to have this special guy as a part of my life, and Mary will be able to watch him grow up......

Seems God has blessed us with another gift!!!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your girls took after you with their love for animals, Sue.

What a cute little grand-dog and how neat that you know him in a special way already.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

That is wonderful!!

Jules said...

Awe...the puppy looks so sweet! Our "baby" was born without breath and my cousin did CPR. She was the smartest and the best looking of the bunch. :o) That is exciting for your daughter and son-n-law! I'm excited just by seeing this little guy's picture. :o)