Wednesday, September 24, 2008

say cheeze!!!



Doesn't this guy just make you smile???

This is Beau, he belongs to Dan (one of the site crew) "poor" Beau was sent to the truck, because he thought that the 6 inch pipe that the men were laying on the ground for the septic system.. would be fun to "retrieve"!!! I wish I had taken a picture of this big goofy guy running around with a length of pipe!!!! He only thought he was helping!!!!





And this handsome guy is Oden... Tony's dog. Oden is being trained as a "blood scenting dog".... here in Maine, you can get special permits to train your dog to track wounded game (like deer).... at the moment there are only a handful of dogs that have their certificates to do this work.... Oden is just a year old... and I'm not sure when he can get his certificate... but Tony is working on his training right now...
I do have some views on the whole hunting thing... but the idea of knowing that some poor deer won't be left to die for no reason.. sits well with me. If Oden can track it down, so that it is not "wasted".... I think that is a pretty good thing. I didn't realize that the "blood scent" thing existed.. I dare say Tony will be called out on a number of cases. But in the meantime... Oden is happy to be with Tony.. doing "digger work".....

No comments: