Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas eve surprise....




Christmas eve, we are so blessed to be able to spend it with family!!! Tonite we went to the Flagg's and had a grand meal with Deb, Dave, Lauren, Sean, Kassy, Nate, Bill and Ed and I. It was so much fun just being together, enjoying each other's company and the anticipation of Christmas.




After dinner, Dave wanted all of us to come out to his shop and see the "new toy he was working on"... so, nothing doing, we bundled up against the weather (raining) and headed out to his shop...


What was there put me right into tears and left me speechless for many minutes....











A BEAUTIFUL WAGON!!! Painted in "John Deere colors" with the words... Sweetgrass Farm and Ed's and mine names painted on the side!!!

A wagon that can be pulled by horse power or tractor power!!!!

Even as I try to write this blog... my mind is just spinning!!! I can't even begin to say thank you to Dave!!! (Nate, Sean, Bill and the rest of the family) for such a wonderful, thoughtful..... talented gift!!!!

I can't wait to hitch Duke and/or Tonka up and try it out!!! I can't wait for future hay rides!!!!






I only hope reading this blog and the next will make some sense, because I am still so excited, that I probably am not thinking straight...



but, I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible!!!!










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL surprise! I teared up while reading the blogs...you are truly blessed to have such dear friends/family.

ChicagoGrrrl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Absolutely stunning Sue!! Such wonderful and talented friends you have!

Anonymous said...

what an amazing gift! i cant wait to see it behind a horse!

blogdog said...

OMG, Sue! That is absolutely gorgeous! The best part of all is that you can relive the surprise and joy every time you go out to the barn and see it waiting for you -- and especially when you hitch up one of the boys to it!