Thursday, January 15, 2009

today's happenings..


For such a cold winter day.. there's "lots" going on!!! Ed and I took some time and went to lunch at our favorite little dinner... the "Miss Wakefield". You can get good ol' fashion food there and not break the bank!!! This "trail groomer" was sitting out in front of the restaurant.. one thing about our area.. snowmobiling is a BIG deal, and the trails (I understand) are beautiful. All year long, volunteers maintain the trails, but when we saw this "rig".. you can tell... they are serious!!!!



Because the snow is fairly deep, and it's been so cold, I have gotten in the "habit" of letting Mocha out of her stall to roam around the barn while I muck stalls. She loves this!!! I think she appreciates being able to walk !! and she certainly takes advantage of checking out everyone else's stalls (while they are locked out).

It's kind of like having a big dog wandering about the barn...





She would like to go in the tack room and check out what's in there.... at least she isn't interested in the kitty food!!!!



As I had thought, the masons have pretty much completed the hearth!!! They still have the front rows to finish, but that requires cutting bricks, so they stopped for the evening and will "tackle" it again tomorrow. I love this hearth... one of my blogger friends made a comment that there will be plenty of room for little cockers to cuddle up on it... she's right!! and I can just picture those little spaniels piling on it next winter!!!!




The doors were delivered today!!! Most of them are steel/insulated doors... but the two front door are reproduction doors... with the top two panes of glass being "bull's eyes".... I can't wait to see them in place!!!!









And since all the walls upstairs are studded in, the guys began the downstair walls... this is the pantry wall going into place... a walk-in pantry!!! I can hardly believe I "have it"... this will be so handy!!
















so.. that's about it for now... hope you all "feel caught up" with the happenings on Sweetgrass Farm!!!!!

No comments: