Thursday, February 26, 2009

the "assuming" Camille



Camille has decided that she is the new "truck dog".... it's funny how she has suddenly stepped up to fill Moxie's paws!!! For a few weeks, she totally went thru a mourning process of her own, but the last few days, she has changed somehow. It's hard to describe.

When I say to the dog's "it's time for kennels".. they all run to their crates, and Camille now runs to the door and not her crate. She assumes that she will be going with me. I suppose it only makes sense, since she and Moxie were my "class dogs", but Camille knew that Moxie was the "truck dog" as well, and never questioned that. but something has changed now for sure. I take all the dogs in the truck when I can, but Hunter and Trevor don't like to "sit" in the truck for long periods of time, and Tazzy and Cole, don't seem to care one way or another if they go or not. So, sometimes I pack everyone up and other times, I look to take just one.... guess it's going to be Camille.....





She also "assumes" other things... like, Ed wants her in his lap.... here are the two of them...
Ed after a day of moving snow, and Camille after attending three nights of dog classes.....
it's funny to see how things are changing. "the pack" seems to have settled in and re-arranged, I didn't think Camille would take the top spot, but the others have voted her in... I guess. She seems OK with the idea... life with dogs is certainly a learning experience...

4 comments:

Jules said...

Awe, how sweet. Love the picture of the 2 in the chair. We do learn from our dogs don't we?

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Sue! Glad you stopped by, love your blog, read way back into the older posts. So sorry about your loss of Moxie! It is so hard when we have to say goodbye to one of our four legged kids. Having lost my old horse Buddy in the fall I know exactly what you are going through. It does get better, it takes time but you will get to the point where you can think of Moxie and all the happy memories and smile, not cry. But I don't have to tell you any of this, you've beeen down this road before as all of us that are blessed/cursed with the extreme love of animals! :o)

Your little Mocha is just ADORABLE! We have two Welsh ponies but no minis yet. I did go to the mini show in Ocala last year and almost came home with one!

We are in the Bangor area. I didn't recognize the name of the cafe you went to so figured you must be south of us. We still have lots of snow here but it's dropping all the time with these mild temps that we have been having the last couple of days and with rain coming tonight.

Again thanks for stopping by and come again soon! :o)

Rick Barnaby said...

Moxie taught her well and, you taught Moxie well...

~Traci~ said...

That is wayyyy too cute! I love how they get comfy, regardless. She's such a cutie!