Saturday, February 21, 2009

kindness.....


As the weeks begin to pass since Moxie has "gone on her way"... I have been overwhelmed with the kindness that has been shared with Ed and I. We received over 50 emails and blog comments of encouraging words and thoughts. Two deliveries of flowers, many cards, Kim came up with one of her wonderful coffee cakes, ... and now, word of donations made in Moxie's memory are coming in. Deb sent a donation to Maine Cocker Rescue, Kathleen sent a donation to Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, Betty sent a donation to Central New England Equine Rescue, all of which are "things" that are near and dear to my heart. There may be more, but those are the ones that I know about at the moment. It's hard to put into words how grateful I am for all of this!!! and thank you to each one of you who has reached out to us, (hardly seems like much of anything, but please know that I am so very thankful.)
Moxie's ashes were returned to us yesterday, and though it was difficult to go and get them, I do have a strange peace that she is "back with us again". I still cry everyday, and will be happy when I can think of her and smile, but I am just not there yet. I fear this will be a long road before I am at that point, but those people around me seem to understand.
In the meantime, I am so appreciative of all that I have been blessed with, especially with all of you... thank you again for all your kindness......

No comments: