Tuesday, March 24, 2009

just stuff...


Is that Santa Claus up there on the roof???

No, that would be Ken (I think) doing the flashing around the chimney as they finish up the shingles on the back side of the roof. It was a very windy and cold day, the guys had to watch that the wind didn't carry the shingles away before the could nail them down. I don't know how they work in those conditions, but they always seem to manage. As of this evening, the roof on the main house is all done, and all of the second floor windows are in place!!!! (and the guys are very glad to be done with that part of the roof!!!!)






Inside view of the front door.......

Dean came today to trim the horse's feet. I wanted to get some shots of him doing that, but the horses were horrible!!! (in my standard...) usually our guys stand as still as statues.. but today, they couldn't seem to keep still. The wind was blowing pretty well, and their morning routine was messed up a bit, but still that isn't any excuse!!! Even the guinea hens were in such "a state".. that I ended up kicking them outside, because I couldn't stand their noise. Compared to some horses that Dean works with, ours (even being "bad" ) don't measure up .. however, I liked them to be "perfect".. Dean said not to worry, that they weren't that bad, but I will be paying even more attention to standing quietly and giving up "your feet" than usual.. so next time, we won't be playing those sorts of games.





After Dean left, I found a piece of Duke's hoof... and thought it was quite funny that my foot will fit "inside his, with room to spare".... he's one big boy, that's for sure.

And that's why he can't be "fooling around".....

2 comments:

Deb said...

I know how you feel about those horses, Sue! We need to have our balcksmith come do Buddy and Alice's hooves, so I'm working on Miss Alice "giving up her feet"! Some days are better than others! We do have expectations of our animals, huh!

Alex said...

hot dang, that IS a hoof! Yipes, keep your toes out of the way