Sunday, March 29, 2009

rainy sunday..

Today is a grey, rainy day... good day to catch up on things and "get done" the stuff that seems to always be waiting....

But, it wasn't raining last night... it was just plain cold (well, cold in a sense.. certainly not "January cold"..but "March cold). Either way, we bundled up with the rest of the family (after supper) and went out for .... ice cream!!!!






"Memories" has opened again for the season. You would think that on a cold March night, not too many people would be ready for ice cream.. but you would be wrong. There were a number of people there... like us, all bundled up, and sitting out on the porch enjoying their first taste of summer!!! The ice cream was very good, but I have to say.. I think I will enjoy it more in July!!!!!



And thought I would share this photo of the "living" room" with all it's doors and windows in place. I gave my dear friend Betty, the "grand tour" yesterday... and just wished I could have offered her a cup of coffee!! Oh well, one day soon....










"Poor Titus"... he is SO long overdo for a good tank cleaning. I try to completely do the tank every three months or so... but, it's been longer than that. So, today, after we got out of church and had some lunch, I decided that it was time to tear down his tank and just get it clean.


I am a little surprised at how many people make a comment on him when they come to visit. Course, not too many homes have a 150 gallon fish tank with a turtle the size of a dinner plate .. but, people seem to really like him. And when his tank is a mess, I feel a little embarrassed that I haven't "taken better care of him". Still, tearing down the tank is a whole afternoon job, so, I almost have to make a date to do it...


Course, it means that Titus is without a "home" for the time that I am cleaning. Today, I found this old cooking pot to put him in ...



I'm not so sure that he was impressed with his new house, especially since he kept trying to climb out... hope he didn't think that he was about to become "Turtle soup".. (which I understand is a real thing!!!)

He's back home now, the water is beginning to settle down and he seems pretty happy to have a nice clean house to be in....








1 comment:

Alex said...

turtle soup- thats just what I thought when I saw the picture!