Sunday, May 17, 2009

"sea-ment" :-)




Bright and early Friday morning, the cement trucks were lined up on the road!! (I think it was the Beverly Hillbillies that called it "sea-ment!!!") After all the rush in getting the radiant heating tubes in place, Ed's hard work paid off, because he was already for these big trucks to arrive.




The crew began in the cellar. We were a bit worried about how the cement trucks would fit behind the house (avoiding the septic system), but the drivers got them in there. The guys started at the far corners and worked themselves out the door. I cant believe how quick they were.






And what a huge difference it makes!!! My kennel area is getting closer all the time!!!!






Then they moved up the garage. Again, those cement truck drivers just put their trucks and shoots in the perfect spots.... somehow I think they have done this before!!!!








And as easily as it came down, the guys just brushed it into place. They make it look so easy, but there is a real art to leveling cement!!! It took the entire day, brushing it out and making sure the pitch and such was just right. 24 hours later, we can walk on it (just in time for the open house) and within the week, we can move the cars in!!!!






Now, I consider myself as a "blessed" person verses a "lucky" person... but I found it so interesting that as I was walking across the field, I picked up a clover leaf in my sneaker...

a four leaf clover leaf...... what do you think of that????

1 comment:

Alex said...

A 4 leaf clover. blessed you are! I, on the otherhand... have an uncanny knack for finding the little charms. People always comment on how many/often I find them. Pretty much every time i stop to look, I find atleast one. I always feed them to a horse- it puts the goodluck inside of them I always figure... its a horse show morning ritual for me. Now this spring... I noticed the other day, that since all this started with Beau I havnt found ONE!! I'm beginning to take it personally, i need to get some luck into this guy, and i cant find a single one!!