Tuesday, September 15, 2009

one of my favorite actors...


by now just about everyone in the US has heard the news that Patrick Swazye lost his battle with cancer and passed away yesterday at the VERY young age of 57. I have to say, he was probably one of my favorite actors and I greatly enjoyed many of his movies. Of course, the most popular movie must have been "Dirty Dancing"... but I remember him more in the TV mini series "North and South"... either way, the world was given a gift thru his acting and dancing talent. Of course, I didn't "know" him, but he seemed to be a gentlemen and certainly did not appear in the news due to his rude behavior (as so many "popular people" do these days!!!) He was married to his wife Lisa for many years, and I can only imagine her grief at this time.
so, goodbye to Patrick Swazye, husband, horseman and actor... God speed.....

2 comments:

~Traci~ said...

I loved him in the Outsiders and Red Dawn. And as Johnny Castle, he was just a dream...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. We use to live in New Mexico and I worked as a pastry chef at the Univ of NM. Patrick was in Albuquerque all the time with the Arabian horse shows. I didn't get to meet him but I baked for the events all the time. The thing I remember most is people said he truly loved and adored his horses. I never forgot that about him