Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sunday in the woods...

After our "near miss" with snow this past week, the weather did a complete turn around, and on Saturday and Sunday, we had temps near 70. So, Sunday morning after church, we went to the barn to get Mocha and head over to Deb's and Dave's to do some driving in the woods. I haven't had the chance to get back there since our last adventure and I didn't want to lose out on such a nice day.

When we got to the barn, there was my dear friend Betty - who had done all the chores for me (my barn fairy!!!) and so, I was granted even more time!!! Sadie and Abbie were with us, and Betty took a few moments to sit with Abbie while we packed Mocha up.

Once we got to Deb's, I then realized that in the state of New Hampshire, you are allowed to hunt on Sunday's - you can't do that in Maine. And hearing the gun shots in the woods, both Deb and I worried about how the mini's might be in their carts, so we opted out of driving and decided just to do a woods walk... that way, we could expose them to the gun sounds and not put anyone in "danger"...

Deb made these wonderful "jackets" for Alice so that she can continue to go in the woods during hunting season... and she had one that fit Mocha perfectly...





thinking "safety" I had brought my vest and even a set of bells to put on Mocha... it's highly unlikely any hunter could have mistaken us for a deer!!!!






group photo... Alice and Deb, Mocha, me and Camille.... the woods were so beautiful and the weather almost hot... just one of those perfect afternoons.....






Kass volunteered to stay at Deb's so Sadie and Tatter got a little break from Abbie and went walking with us as well. Tatter has done so good with baby Abbie and I was happy to see her have a little "alone" time with her Mommy!!!!!






Deb took advantage of the time and gathered some red berries for her holiday decorations. She made this vest for Alice as well, with big pockets on the side so Alice can carry berries (or whatever)....




Big horse, Buddy seemed a bit insulted that he hadn't been invited to go on the walk......












back at "home" Kass had a good time with baby Abbie all to herself. And I know that Sadie enjoyed a little time off... as any new Mother does.... Deb had a wonderful supper already for us to enjoy... "thank you!!!"












Ed and Abbie enjoying the family conversation







But, Ollie... (Deb and Dave's new cocker) was more interested in learning about Chow-chows on the Animal Planet than in the human conversations!!! I don't know if it's these flat screen TVs, but so many of my students report that their dogs enjoy watching TV... Aileen's cocker Lily is another TV nut... goodness, are our dogs turning into TV fans!!!!!!!










though, Banjo decided to sit with the family and listen in on the news....
"Sadly" these warm falls days are quickly coming to a close with the change of the seasons, I can't believe that Thanksgiving is so very close.......







No comments: