Friday, December 04, 2009

pickin' out the tree....

Today was another beautiful warm day... what's with this wonderful weather in the winter time?? I'm just asking... not complaining!!!! Because the weather was so nice, and being a Friday (not a weekend day) Ed, Sadie, Abbie and I decided that we would go and pick out the tree.












Every Tuesday when I go to teach dog classes - Camille and I travel thru "cow country" and Christmas Tree country!!! There are a couple of tree farms and I thought last fall that this is where we would go to get the tree. This tree farm was absolutely beautiful.. the rows of trees were large, the trees have been well cared for, and there were oodles and oodles to chose from!!!










Because the camp has a cathedral ceiling, height is not the issue (except when it comes to decorating it!!!) so we looked for a nice big, full one!!! We asked Abbie what her impression was... but she really didn't have much to say.... this year!!!!






And here it is....










Cute photo of Sadie and Abbie... but I think I should make a red hat for Christmas.. better yet, ... red and white stripped.. like a candy cane... (maybe I will get the "goods" tomorrow)











So, we threw the tree in the back of the truck and headed home. We didn't get it up tonite, by the time we did other errands, barn chores and the like, the evening was too late... but it will be up before the weekend is out....



1 comment:

Jules said...

What a beautiful tree! I have no memories of picking out our very own tree b/c asthma and severe allergies run deep in our family. You're tree looks perfect! Can't wait to get ours up and decorated...just have to find the time to do it.