Saturday, April 03, 2010

boy... is he lucky!!!!

Trevor is one lucky dog... lucky that we love him!! Because he sure can get himself into trouble.. yes, the "dog trainer's dog" gets into trouble. I bought a couple of Pandora charms at the local jewelry shop. One for my niece's birthday and one for Deb's birthday. This little shop always does the charms up in a big way and I walked out with these two cute little packages.

Well, I had to run a couple of errands, and so I tucked the boxes (which were also in a bag) into my purse and ran my errands. (the purse was left in the truck since I didn't need it)



I came back to the truck and find out that Mr. Trevor... having been left in the truck... nosed thru my purse and pulled out the bag. He then proceeded to open the gifts!!! And eat the boxes, the ribbon and the receipt!!!! Needless to say, I was "bloody" mad!!! Camille and Hunter did their best to "hide" while I told Trevor pretty much what I thought of him at that moment.


Then, a horrible thought hit... WHERE were the beads??? Not only were they my presents, but they can be a little expensive and the thought of them being "in" Trevor.... horrifying!!!




Fortunately, he did NOT eat the beads themselves and I found them in the crack of the seat.... ,he was one little lucky dog.
The next day, I humbly went back to the jewelry store, told them my fate and asked if they would re-wrap the gifts. They were very gracious and being dog folks could understand.. thankfully I doubt they know that I train dogs for a living!!!!
Either way, the gifts have made it safely to their "people" and I will yet again, remind myself that Trevor and anything of paper... is a bad combo....

1 comment:

Deb said...

Boy, Sue! Talk about "lucky charms!" (hahaha....one of my favorite cereals from when I was a little girl!) I love my Queen Bee charm, Trevor just wanted to approve it. It was very fun today, overwhelming, I wish that I could have spent more time with everyone. But, as always, you guys made my day very special by being a part of it! xoxo Deb