Monday, July 05, 2010

a very happy 4th

Our 4th of July celebration actually began the night before... my sister Rachel, her hubby John and little Naomi, moved into our back camp for their week of vacation. It is so much fun having them in our "back yard"... and was a perfect way to begin the holiday!!!! I am so very grateful that I live in the United States and am very thankful to the folks who keep our country safe!!!!















Once everyone was settled, we fired up the "cooker" and had a feast of s'mores!!! Abby didn't need to have her marshmallow cooked... or add the chocolate or graham.... just "plain" was good enough to her!!!!









But the "older kids" (including me) had to do them right... my goodness, they were yummy, and I fear that I had way too many!!!!











We celebrate the "real" 4th with a big cookout that included family and friends!!! It was such a wonderful day and again, I am truly blessed to have such a great family and the joy of being all together with everyone.....














We had.......





lots of good food!!!!











and many dogs (10 all total)....























babies!!!!









and kids!!!!


and of course, lots of swimming in the lake!!!!






Last year, it was rainy and cold... I remember we sat around the cooker wrapped in quilts... so this year, the warm temps and sunny day made everything "perfect"
and it is my sincere hope that all of you enjoyed your day as well...
Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









1 comment:

Alex said...

sure looks like it was fun... ill bet that water felt nice!