Monday, July 19, 2010

what's ya doin'......

Our move in date is getting closer all the time. So much so, that we are "allowing" ourselves to begin to bring in some of our things. The first to go up... our New Hampshire Mirror clock, I knew just where it would go in the living room, and once the walls and trim were done, I asked Ed to hang it for me. This little clock is so dear to me, and was one of the few items that did not go into storage, but has traveled from house to house with us. One night, while Kas was living in North Carolina, and we were talking on the phone, she could hear the clock strike in the background.. and said "Oh, I can hear home"... so, this little clock will now keep the hours in the new house with it's pretty little chime.








What do you think of this amazing painting??? It was done by a dear friend of mine, who is in the dog club with me. Pretty certain she is an artist for sure. At Christmas time, I "won" her gift at the dog auction.. which was "a painted portiat of your dog". Maxine was so happy that I got her donation. I gave her the picture that I took of Moxie on her 10th birthday, and I dare say, Maxine caught it to a "t".... I cried when she presented it to me... those beautiful haunting brown eyes!!!! I know just where this will hang in our dining room, on a wall where anyone entering will see it. I still miss my Moxie so much but more and more I am beginning to talk about her without crying (too much)










The last of the balusters!!! Hurray!!!! These have been a real pain to paint... all sixty(ish) of them. But John is back to finish the stairway and they all had to be done. They do look nice and it's a good feeling to have them done and out of the way....










just waiting for John to put them into place!!!!










The dog pen is working out grand!! and the dogs are really loving it. I am so happy to have them with us when we are working at the house, instead of sitting inside at the camp. They run and play, and enjoy being outside....











and all together. (and yes, Camille is doing what you think .....)










Last Wednesday, Chester and I had "speaking engagement". I was asked to come and talk about NEADS and raising a service puppy to the Women's Fellowship group from our church. This meeting was their annual "men's night" so al the hubbys were there as well. It was a good crowd, and everyone was so interested. NEADS had given me a nice video about the dogs who are given to the veterans... so I started with that...






and then went on, telling them the history of NEADS and then what Chester and I do together and how much fun I have been having with him. He was a wonderful boy (as usual) and showed off his obedience skills. Though most everyone there has seen him in church, so they all know how good he is. We actually have another engagement next week at a senior luncheon at the town hall... so we get to do it all again...









You know.. I'm going to miss this silly boy when the time comes for him to go to "college".....





1 comment:

Rick Barnaby said...

Oh Sue this is great... tells the hole storie from the house to your everyday life, past, pressnet & future.
Great job!