Wednesday, June 22, 2011

hay we go again!!!!

With the threat of rain on the way, Father took advantage of a few good days and finished up one of the hay fields that he cuts. This is the field that we like to get the hay out of, so he knows that we'll be ready when he calls us. It was a "perfect" day for haying... hot, with a slight breeze.. but it's hard for me to rush and try to help when I have dog classes to teach.








I always feel bad leaving all that work up to Ed. Fortunately, a number of the firefighters are glad to give him a hand.. but I like to be there and help as well.













Abbie "better" enjoy these days... it won't be too long before we'll have her on the back of a hay wagon!!!!
















After this load, we'll be all set for the winter. We actually got more than I really wanted, but Father wanted this out of the field before the weather, and offered it to us. I was hoping to get 700... we ended up with 855!!!!












Hay in the loft is like money in the bank, as far as I'm concerned.. and if the winter is "typical"... then there is a good chance we will have hay to sell next spring.











Abbie loves all the activity around the farm.. riding in the "gator" is one of her favorite things..... "ride!!!" she tells us....














Now, driving.... ugh.. that will happen before we know it!!!!













No comments: