Friday, June 10, 2011

horseman's NIGHTMARE!!!!





An imagine that strikes fear in the hearts of all horsemen... a barn fully involved.....




This happened in our "home town" just a few weeks ago. It was caused by a lightening strike. I know the folks that own this barn, and I can only imagine what they went thru when all of this was happening.














The "good" news, everyone is fine.. all horses, animals and humans. But after that.. the loss is incredible... hay, feed, tack.. income... never mind.. the dreams!!! They were planning on running summer camps for kids, had horses boarding... and the building... brand new, less than a year old.






































It can and will be rebuilt... but, it serves as a good reminder that sometimes we can't be too careful, and we should all have a game plan in place..






what would you do if it were yours??? Now might be a good time to plan that all out....











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, the night this happened their neighbor called me to ask me if I knew anyone that could help with the horses........my heart sunk. I knew the next day they were fine but it sure made me think of any disaster and what plan to have.

Alex said...

yup, makes me sad just to drive by... a nightmare for SURE!!