Thursday, September 08, 2011

Camille's story......


Hello, Camille here... I figured if Ginger can write on her blog (moxie's gift) I should be able to pop in on this blog once in awhile and give you my view of things. So, you all know that I went on this trip with Mom and Dad... it's because of Mom, she can't function without a dog around, and I am just the dog for the cause. It's been a good trip, though I must admit, I did not appreciate being in "kennels" oh and the night that I had to sleep in the truck because that hotel wouldn't accept dogs!!! But, for the most part we have found some pretty good places to stay and people that appreciate K9's. We head to this place called Charlotte, NC... and Mom is on the phone calling to find places that will welcome me. At first she isn't having very good luck in this Charlotte place, but finally someone tells her "yes, we love dogs... stay with us". So, Mom and Dad drive to this place called the Westin. (that's it on the left in the photo). When Mom sees this she says "something has to be wrong, this place is so fancy, there isn't anyway that they will let Camille stay"...




But, as we arrive (and a man comes out to meet us and to park our truck) she says "you're dog friendly" and the man smiles and says "we sure are". "Fancy" hardly describes this wonderful DOG FRIENDLY place!!!! WE got a beautiful room on the 12th floor ---- can you see our truck way down there in the parking lot. Since it was too tall to fit in the parking garage, the nice man found a place just for it.











And how pretty is this room??? Mom just kept saying how she couldn't believe it and the place that wouldn't let me in... well, she wants to send them some photos and tell them that they don't compare to the Westin!!!!











Here's the courtyard....



















And the beautiful entry!!! (but that marble floor was a bit slippery I must admit!!!)_













and the fountain all lite up at night. Now a dog could really get used to gigs like this!!!!














It was actually kind of fun being a city dog for a day or two.....













Mom was so happy and not stressed... I climbed into her lap and all was right with the world. (I do well at my job, don't you think!!!!)














Mom said Kassy would drool over this photo.. I don't get it, but here it is......













I have to say, I really liked looking out that big window... we were up so high, the birds would fly right by.....














Course I had to be (and was) on my absolute best behaviour. I never even said one word, sat nice and quiet whenever we went in the elevator, and got lots of compliments from other people staying there












Yup, this is the way a dog should travel. And to the Westin Hotel in Charlotte NC... you people are the BEST!!!






and we love you!!!! signed... Camille....






















1 comment:

Jules said...

Glad you found such a nice place to stay in Charlotte, Cammille! Looks like you enjoyed your time in the city.