Tuesday, September 06, 2011

the great smokey mountains...


Today, the weather was a little better, though we had heard on the news that tropical storm Lee was a slow mover. So, expect showers and maybe some down pours every now and again. After getting so wet yesterday, we really weren't in the mood to walk around, and decided that a drive up in the Great Smokies might be a fun thing to do.








We had never seen them up close and I am so glad that we took the time to check them out.















The views were amazing and even those these photos are pretty good, they just don't compare to the real thing.










Another couple was trying to take their photo, so I offered a trade, I would take their picture if they would take ours. (wished I had looked in a mirror before we did.. I look a bit wind blown)...but since the wind was really howling, oh well......









I thought this was kind of funny. "My dog can do such a good stay, that I can leave her in one state, while I go to another one!!!!" I am in Tennessee, and Camille is in North Carolina!!!!











The rest of the photos, will simply speak for themselves. But if you ever do travel south, take the time... certainly one of God's most beautiful work!!!!

































































No comments: