Sunday, October 09, 2011

Project... W.O.O.D











It sounds all romantic and "country" like... cutting your own firewood, preparing for the cold winter days ahead.. enjoying that "nothing like it" wood heat and watching the fire flicker in the stove when the snow is falling and the winds are howling ... ahhhhh






However, at this very moment, all I can think is how tired I am... right down to the core, bone tired. Cutting, splitting and stacking wood is work, and not that I am afraid of work... never have been... but it is work just the same. I know that I am going to so appreciate watching the oil truck pass by our house (we don't even have an oil furnace in the house - we're strictly wood power).. and I must admit, I would rather put our "heating money" into the pocket of a real American logger than some mid east millionaire that I will never know..





but that just doesn't change the fact... I'm tired... Ed's tired ... we certainly have great respect for wood folk who do this day in and day out as a living. We're about half way thru this year's pile, and it does seem nice to see the big pile get smaller and the piles in the wood tent get bigger..... and tomorrow, after some good supper and a nights sleep.. we'll be back at it again.

















"wood heat" - it warms you more than once!!!!

1 comment:

Alex said...

we are woefully behind... the leaves are falling fast though... guess we better get a move on!