Sunday, November 20, 2011

a country Sunday

Goodness, it's Sunday again. Ginger and I went to church (alone) Ed was battling a pretty bad cold, Sadie was working and Abbie is with her Dad.. so,it was just Ginger and I. Such a nice service and a great way to begin the day --- and the week. As you can see, Ginger is a pro at church.. but unlike Chester, she lays quietly the whole service. Chester got so used to the "routine" at church that during the closing hymn.. he always sat up and said "it's time to go".. silly dog. Everyone so enjoys having Ginger there, and of course, always ask when she will be leaving us....



When we got home, the first thing I did was get a turkey out of the freezer. Thanksgiving is this week and if I don't get a bird unthawed... we may not have one. This is one of the smaller birds... just 24 lbs... we aren't having as many here for Thanksgiving as I had originally thought.. so I had to find a smaller bird.








It was the nicest afternoon, the temps were in the high 50's and this wood pile was starring me in the face. Even though all of it won't fit uncover... we need to be getting it inside... this weather we're having now is not going to last. But, somehow.. I just couldn't "waste" it on wood......








and went to the barn instead. Annabelle seems to think that I have disturbed her napping time.....













but there are a couple of horses that need to have some work done!!!!Ed helped me harness and we brought them out to the new hitching post. It worked great, and made getting the reigns on them so much easier. With the post I could do this alone..which is what I had in mind....









and then off we went. Even though there is no hunting in Maine on Sundays... I thought it would probably be wise to wear my vest. And since we also went out on the street, it does make it easier for the cars to spot us... though I don't know how you can miss these two....

























I spent the afternoon ground driving... I need to work on my own driving skills with the team. I do well single.. but a team is different..though a few more afternoons like this, and I'll be in the wagon...



perfect Sunday.....













No comments: