Sunday, December 11, 2011

afternoon parade...

The "trouble" with this time of year... too many good things to enjoy. And since I do love the Christmas season, you will find me.. cramming in everything possible....

And so, we find ourselves at another parade. This time it is to be a "part of" instead of "watching"... my local dog club has participated in this parade for more years that I can remember....

We met up with friends (this is Kelli with Otis and Edgar)..and brought along our farm hay wagon and a tractor....



We unloaded at the end of the parade route, and then rode down to the start of it... Ginger, Camille, Hunter and Trevor thought they were pretty special having a front row seat. (I think they would have ridden back as well..but we were there to walk)....









Some of our member couldn't walk such a long route (and that included Abbie).. so that is why the tractor and wagon came along. I would have loved to use the horses instead of the tractor..but we still have much training to do before we try something like parade.. though I will say.. there were a lot of horses there. Abbie had a grand time riding in the wagon and munching on snacks....she was so good and enjoyed waving to everyone.





and here's our group. We had a good turnout and the folks along the parade route seemed to really enjoy seeing all the dogs...












I wished I had taken more pictures than this. But between helping Ed with the "vehicles"... keeping an eye on an active two year old, and holding four dogs... I was quite busy in "other places". Still it was a grand afternoon, the weather was cold but bright, and just one of those wonderful events that makes Christmas so special.....









Abbie probably won't remember this day exactly, but I do want her to always think that her grandparents are up for having fun and finding neat things to do.... (and yes, she is eating again!!!!)








2 comments:

Nate & Kas said...

Did Babs dress herself?! What is going on with the jeans and the Christmas dress??

sue said...

oh and just to clairify her aunt's questions, we had been to church where Abbie wore her Christmas dress, then, wanting her to dress warmer for the parade, I had some insulated jeans for her to wear.. however, she refrused to take her dress off.... thus the strange combo.... why not? might as well wear a Christmas dress as much as you can!!!!!