Friday, April 06, 2012

call me AMY!!!

Before a human dies, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask......

To a poor and lonely stray, I'd give my happy home. My bowl and cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys. The lap, which I loved so much, the tender, loving touch. The hand that stroked my fur and sweet voices which called my name. I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human's loving heart of which there seemed to be no bound.



So, when I die, please do not say " I will never have another pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand". Instead, go find an unloved dog. One who's life has held no joy or hope, and give MY place to "her". This is the only thing that I can give... the Love that I left behind.
This is my inheritance... my will and last my testament.....



And so it was... today, Good Friday.. that my Mom and Dad honored their little Adam, and found a dog who needed them. A sweet little girl, arriving from the south, into a warm and loving New England home.

Her name is Amy... keeping the "A" theme going in a long line of good dogs... "Annie" & "Adam". She is about a year old and though she has a big spot to fill....

I have a very good feeling, she is going to do her very best. Welcome Home little Amy, all you have to do is return the love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just made my day.
Happy Easter and welcome Amy.

phaedra96 said...

She will find her personality and create her own niche in their lives. Congrats for them being able to find another love.

MEME said...

I'M SO GLAD AMY HAS FOUND A LOVING HOME WITH HEARTS THAT WANT HER.IL