Tuesday, April 03, 2012

the "quing ket".... (to quote Abbie)

For the past year, I have been eyeing these swing set that are so popular right now. I just thought it would be great fun to have one, for Abbie, and any other grandbabies that come along. They have some really neat designs and really neat "things" to do.. at a REALLY NEAT price!!! oi....but, I thought if I put a few pennies away each month, I could eventually come up with on. Last week, we were out and about and came across a place were they had these sets, so we stopped in. Turns out, if I was willing to buy a "last year's display model" (which has been "out" in the weather) I could get one for a much reduced price.... needless to say, I jumped at the deal.

They also said, if we were willing to pick it up and then put it together ourselves.... we could have a little more discount...

OK... we're game. We have trailers, Ed is very "handy" and how hard could that be. As we pulled the pieces off the trailer with Ed telling me "it's really not that heavy"... I'm beginning to think, I should have paid to have it delivered and set up!!!!!










Thank goodness we have a tractor!!! and I guess, it really wasn't that hard to do --- with the tractor of course. It took us a couple of hours...











and some interesting ways of reaching things to tighten and put together.... (tower is certainly strong enough for kids!!!!!)













but, we managed it.












And now have this grand place for kids to play.












Abbie wasn't home when we set it up, but the next morning (while dressed for church) she just had to run out and check it over!!! Her "Quing ket"... as she calls it....







checking out the slide













testing the steps to the tower (and top of the slide)













giving the swing a test drive...












I think she approves of my choice!!!!




so, if you're in the neighborhood come on by and try out the "quing ket".....











1 comment:

Alex said...

ohhh... we want to come "quing" with you!!