Thursday, April 12, 2012

time to trade :(

A bittersweet day... I'm trading my truck for something newer. I feel sort of sad.. not only is this a paid for truck... but I like my truck and have a lot of memories attached to it.

Sadly, trucks - like many other things, just don't last forever and wear out. We are beginning to deal with rust issues and before we get to that stage of one major repair after another --it's time to say goodbye.

It's not like we don't have a truck for "farm use". I actually got my truck, because when we were boarding the horses, I needed it to transport all kinds of horse things. Also, when I got it, the girls were driving on their own, so I wasn't needed for the chauffeuring, and could go to this type of vehicle. However, my life has changed again... aside from not needing it for horse stuff, I find I am back to needing more room again... a place for Abbie.. places for more friends as we travel to NEADS together... places for more dogs (service dog, guests doggies and the like).. and my truck just doesn't offer that space.

So, here's the new baby. It's a one owner 2011 Jeep... with tow package (thank goodness because I have already needed it) installed. It gets better gas mileage than the truck, has a great back space for dogs, and can carry five people comfortably. I like it..... just not the payments!!! :(

2 comments:

Alex said...

sure does look purty with the trailer though!

Linda said...

Very nice. It does look nice with the trailer!