Friday, November 02, 2012

quilt squares...

I have just finished "this years" quilt square.. which will go into the 2013 Acton Fair quilt, and will be judged next summer when it is displayed. This year's theme (can you guess) was "Merry Christmas". The red fabric was the piece they gave us, and I made them into small yo-yo's - along with some green ones, and came up with a tree. I bet there will be a lot of nice squares with this theme and I can't wait to see the outcome.
It got me to thinking how many years have I entered the contest, and going back over the blogs I found almost every one...

2012 - was "back to the 60's"... my square took fourth place, and I won the quilt....
2011 - "meet me at the beach".... my square took a third.....
2010 -  "school days".... this square took first place....
2009 - "in the garden".... this square took a third....
2008 - "down on the farm"... my square (lower right, with the yellow trim) took a fourth, I didn't think to take a picture of just the square...



and in 2007, the first time I entered, the theme was "stars".... I didn't take a picture of that one either, but it didn't place so....



Hard to believe I have done this for seven years... I think they have only made 10 fair quilts..so I have almost been in each one. Just a fun think to do.. and I hope to continue each year that they still do the quilt.....

No comments: