Friday, February 28, 2014

"somewhere over the rainbow"...

The most amazing thing has happened over the past week....... 


This is Olivia.... born on September 7, 2013. I have been looking over the past two years for another brown, white and tan cocker. One like Moxie was, and like Camille is. I love the coloring and the fact that they're not very common. I have been asking all my cocker friends to keep their eyes open for me, and any litter that is expecting and might have brown and white tri's... I have been waiting. My good friend Karen, contacted me in August, saying that she had a litter coming that should have brown and white tri's and on top of that... the puppies would be related to Camille. I was so excited. Well, the pups were born and no brown and white tri's... just brown and tans. 

Now, Karen felt that one little girl would be just the one for me, and we talked back and forth and I thought maybe I should go with a brown and tan. And the photos she sent me as the puppies grew were wonderful.. and I thought and thought. But the bottom line was, the puppies would go to their new homes around Christmas, and though her price for them was more than fair, I just couldn't see spending the money, housetraining a puppy in winter, and trying to finish up Debbie's obedience work all at the same time. soooooo...... I opted out and said I would wait for the next litter with the hopes that a brown and white tri would come along. After that, I cried for days wondering if I had made a good decision. 

Last week, Karen calls again...... and guess what, the little dog that she thought would be good for me is still available. Olivia (as Karen had called her) had been sold to someone else, but for one reason or another, they weren't going to be taking her. Karen did have someone else in mind, but it would mean that Livy would be going far away, and live more or less as a "kennel dog"... so, Karen just wanted to be sure that I wasn't still interested. 


Well, you just know that I had to go and see her. And in the days before I did, I did some praying and came up with an "offer" for Karen, telling myself that if she felt OK with it, and the fact that this puppy was "still available" and if Camille liked her... then she was the one meant to be. 
The "meeting" between the two was amazing, I know they don't know they are related, but they hit it off right away. Livy is Camille's niece... Camille's half sister is Livy's Mom..... so, even though Livy isn't brown and white, she could have brown and white puppies....
so... you all know where this story is going, if you know anything about me....
Karen thought my offer was just fine, and part of that is... when Livy has her babies in a year or two.. Karen will have her pick.....


two brown babies together... 

and hopes that "everyone else" will love her as well.....












Because this little girl is mine, and will be coming to the farm next week. 


but there's just one more "thing" to add to the story. It's been five years since I lost my dear Moxie... and not looking to replace her by any means, it's just that the "search for just the right one"  has taken a long time. And after I made the decision to bring Livy home.. I thought that perhaps having another brown and white tri might not be so good... since I don't want to put "Moxie" expectations on "anyone"... and then a really strange thing... as I was thinking about all of this.. on the TV early one morning, I heard the song "Somewhere over the rainbow" and got the strangest feeling that Moxie, from the other side of "Rainbow Bridge"  approved of my decision. And then TWICE more on the radio.. that same day... I heard the song again.

So, there is no doubt now... Livy is meant to be with us... and I am so exited at the times ahead and where this little gal and I will travel together....  

welcome home LIVY!!!!!


1 comment:

Kathy D said...

Yup...Meant to be !!!

I think having a different color is a good thing too !