Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 14th/ A special Sunday


I have to admit, with Dad being so sick, I feel as though we are just trying to make Christmas be what it is... that happy time of year. We have little ones.. Naomi, Abi and Reagan, who we have to keep in mind that Christmas is magical for them... thank goodness, because they do keep me grounded .....
A bit of snow here and there makes the world look like Christmas... and I am working on hand made gifts (as I usually do).. so again those things help...
But often the days just feel gray.... and each time the phone rings I jump. Dad is improving but there is just so much going on, and even when he gets this behind him.. there will be many life changes for him, and really for all of us.....

But today was a bright spot too... Pastor Abbie had asked if I were planning on attending church and bringing Danny along. I said probably yes, and then she told me that we had a visiting minister coming who would be bringing her neads ministry dog.. General with her, and she really wanted us to meet. Well.. I wasn't about to miss out on that.....
This is Pastor Inke  and since Pastor Abbie had told her all about me... we were really looking forward to meeting each other. Pastor Inke told how she got General and about the work they do together . Course I just love hearing stories like that.... 
After church, we allowed the dogs to meet with each other. but funny thing, they weren't that excited about meeting each other. General was way more interested in the church people, and Danny would prefer being with the kids. Not that they didn't like each other, just that service dogs are used to being around other dogs, so really.. it's not that exciting. Even still, though Pastor Inke and I plan a play date together for the pups, thinking that if they are out of uniform, they will have a better time together. 
She and her husband will be moving to here for a while as she is helping out another church. So  I hope we will find the time to get together....


















that is, if I can get Danny Boy away from the kids!!!!

No comments: