Thursday, April 09, 2015

4/8

Our heating project is nearly done... I still find it so hard to believe that this little wall unit is what will be heating our whole house. I think back on the big furnaces that we all used to have in our cellars, and now it has come to this. 
From what I understand, this will be high efficient and will do the work well. It's kind of like the windows we have in the house. I remember asking our builder about the "storms" for the windows... every house in New England has storm windows, and he replied that the kind of windows we bought would not need storms. I couldn't believe it and told him the first time I see snow slipping under the window, or feel a draft I would be calling him to come and put the storms up. Well, we have been here a few winters now (and come threw some pretty big snow storms) and I must report... we do not need storms on the windows!!! So, technology has caught up... even with heating systems.....
April has been playing her funny games. One day is almost spring like... with the snow even melting some.....












and then we awake.. and there are a few new inches of snow..... I guess around here... we can't think "spring" until May....






Sadly.. the "pretty" side of snow went away weeks ago.... but I still take the photos.. maybe in the middle of August I'll think this looks nice....
Mud season really isn't too far away, and then the drive to the barn will be in-passable for a few weeks.....
but, at this point... I think mud is going to look good!!!!

No comments: