Sunday, October 30, 2016

halloween eve....


So, we're getting things buttoned up for winter. Each year I think, why is there so much to it... by now I think that we would have everything all set.. but no, there are still things that alway must be done. This year, it's our garden pond... because it has no depth and if it .. rather when it freezes, we can't have the ice pushing on the stone wall... so, this means it will have to be drained. 
Because we haven't dealt with this before, we're really not sure what the routine is.. and are kind of making it up as we go along. I want to keep some of the plants and of course, get the fish out.....

so we used the fountain pump to drain the water, and then Ed went into the pond to catch the fish and grab out the plants for me....

I so enjoyed the little pond over the summer and will certainly have it up and running again next summer. It also gave me a the opportunity to decide what I liked and didn't like and how it all worked. So this has certainly been a successful project. 


I started with 8 fish and we ended up with 6... now I need a place for them to be this winter, which I guess will mean getting a tank for them. Since they're pretty I want to find a spot for a small tank in the house and we can enjoy watching them this winter...

And then we found him... Mr. Froggie... I really wasn't too certain what we should do with him.. and I didn't just want to toss him out homeless ... so we put him in a little jar and took him up to the lake and found just the spot to let him go. He'll know how to fend for himself come winter, and next year, perhaps another froggie will come to live in the pond. 

Come the evening we headed down to Kass and Nate's... our little town does trick or treat the night before Halloween... why this is.. I don't know.. but we always went out the night before. even when I was little... so that's the way it is. Since this came on a Sunday evening, Kass had invited everyone to come for dinner and then see the boys off  for trick or treats...

Their theme is Calvin and Hobbs... with Reagan as Calvin and Calvin as Hobbs.... but I'm pretty sure they really don't know whats its exactly all about.

Reagan was more excited to show off Ferguson...


Kass had made a nice hot dinner of chili and soup, and everyone had great fun just being together...and it also gave Kass a chance to show off her new kitchen....



Getting dressed up..... but by now Calvin was really more interested in going to bed than out for trick or treats.. I have a feeling it won't be a very late night..



And they're off. We wanted to go as well, but my Dad was in the hospital and we felt that we wanted to pop in and see him there. The reports I got about trick or treating was it took Reagan a few houses to "get it" and then he was off and running... Cal on the other hand, fell asleep in the stroller.... next year however.....


No comments: