Tuesday, October 11, 2016

playing on Columbus Day

So... normally.. this is Camille and Livy... together.. enjoying each other's company.. all is well
Livy will even play care giver.. and likes to be "kissing" and touching Camille... but...... like all good siblings... it's not alway Love, Peace and Kindness....

Poor little Camille... the victim of a dog fight. Now, I do not allow dog fights, and actually, being a multi dog household, am on the watch for them, even with the best of dogs. They are dogs!!! they do doggie things, and that includes wanting to be at the top, keep possession of certain items.. and the like. I went to see Dad at the hospital and left Cam and Livy alone in the car. I usually separate them, just because but this day I didn't, and returned to the car to find that Livy had discovered a ball and wanted to be certain that Camille wouldn't get it. Cam doesn't even care about balls, but that doesn't matter. 

Cam certainly took the brunt.. her left ear had been bitten (and was bleeding) and her eye looked sore. I got her home, cleaned up and just let her rest. The next morning the eye didn't look great, so we ran into the vet and discovered that she has a scratch and an ulcer on the eye.... ugh~~~  so, two kinds of meds.. pain killers and a cone for protection are the things in line for the next 10 days or so. Needless to say, I shan't let my guard down again with these two... Livy is now top dog, and will keep that spot at all costs.. I just have to sure that the costs aren't high.  And yes, I was ripped at Livy for having done such a thing... but really.. it was my mistake...

On a brighter note... Columbus day weekend was a good one. The weather was quite nice .. except for Sunday when it rained. But we are in dire need of rain, so i couldn't even complain about that. On Monday, I got Duke and the wagonette out. I took a friend of mine for a drive in the morning and in the afternoon, Sadie and Abi popped in, so I took them for a ride as well.


Wonder what Duke thought of being hitched twice in one day... he probably didn't really care, but this is MY weather, and I'm taking advantage of every second possible. 

I absolutely love driving and now that I'm getting used to how the wagonette travels, I am really..really enjoying it... I haven't taken it out totally alone, but I really don't have any worries about doing that and will probably get out as much as I possibly can....

though I do enjoy having the company of friends when I drive, so I have warned all visitors that they might end up driving before they leave.

Sadie said she really liked the drive and gave Duke a scratch in his favorite spot to say thank you. Goodness I love this old horse, and the day we have to part will be very very sad... but, let's not think about that just now...


No comments: