Sunday, November 20, 2016

therapy horse!!!!!

It's a little hard to see how pretty the day is when you are sad... but life goes on... I'll go on, I know... I've been threw this before.... and Camille loved warm fall days... she would have loved to be outside with me today..... in the sunshine... so, I'll go out for the both of us.

I had promised Kass that I would come and play with Reagan while she took Cal to the doctor's for his grow appointment. And I must say spending time with my little grand did help. He's so sweet... he told me he knew I was sad that Camille had gone to heaven... but he also informed me that his two kitties, Linus and Nora are in heaven and even though we miss them.. they are in a very special place. He's right, they are... we just have to get used to them not being here...

We played on the swings... I got him to "pump" and he was pretty happy that he can make the swing "work" now... 

We played trucks in the sand box and then when Kass got back, we went to lunch... and then onto visit with Meme and Beepa.... 

I brought Calvin's stocking with me, and found that kass has already hung the stockings, so I'm glad I got it done.... they look pretty cute together, and it won't be much longer before ol Santa will come to fill them.

I made all these stockings.....


On Sunday.. Mocha and I had a very special appointment... I had signed her up to be tested as a Pet Partners therapy horse... we went over to the college where I had Livy tested. 

The weather was turning off, they're saying snow is coming in. I blanketed Mocha for the trailer ride.

I wasn't sure "how" they would be testing a horse.. with the dogs, you can go right inside a class room I figured with Mocha we would be testing outside. But no... they wanted her brought in as well. She had "gone" in the trailer, so I figured she would be "empty".. but who knows with a horse.... 

The hallway we had to walk threw was tile and shiny, the footing for a horse not great. They offered to put down mats for Mocha, but I knew if she went slowly and she trusts me, we could get across the floor. And we did. It also speaks well of how she and I work as a team.

The test was nearly what they test the dogs on... except she didn't have to sit or down stay.. but she did have to stand stay, and back.. and handle loud noises, and people crowding her... and some tail pulling... and threw it all, little Mocha was her usual calm self, and probably thinking.. "what ARE these people trying to do".

She passed it all with flying colors!!! and impressed everyone there.. other than two cats.. Mocha was their only "non-dog" for the day. She even earned a "complex" rating which says she can pretty much handle anything....so, once we get threw the paper side of the registration, we are officially a pet partners therapy team... certainly a bright spot after the past couple of days...

Livy will still be my main therapy animal, but now Mocha can go along when invited and that will be such fun.... good job little brown horse!!!

No comments: