Friday, May 18, 2007

Trevor, Trevor, Trevor.......

TREVOR!!! I adore all my little spaniels.... and I am, by trade... a dog trainer. Upon occasion... I have to remind myself of these two facts, especially when it comes to Trevor!!!

He is my little trouble maker. And in the past 48 hours, Trevor has been on a roll with his trouble. It started when he ate my cross-stitch pattern!!!! The one that I have 3/4 of the way done, and is suppose to be a present for my niece next month..... THEN he decided that he would try the sheet rock out on the new sunroom. I heard him getting into mischief and I should have checked on him..... but it wasn't until he went past me with a chunk of sheet rock in his mouth, that I went and checked....sure enough, right by the door, a little patch had been torn off.......

But, today, took the prize... he started with a roll of toilet paper... (bad enough.)... and ended with.... Ed's paycheck!!!!... at least I think he ate the paycheck.... it's not where Ed left it, and its no where to be found. So, based on Trevor's track record.. we are assuming it's him again!!!!

Now, I will accept some of the blame here... first, I know he has a "thing" for paper, and needs to be watched... and second... with the rainy weather, and a schedule that's been a little too busy the past couple of days... he hasn't had a walk in a few days.. and that always leads to some trouble making. Usually when he is well walked and has something to occupy him... he's good.... but if not......

Fortunately.... the toilet paper is replaceable.... and I called the company that made the cross-stitch pattern and they are sending me another copy of it (thought it was pretty funny that my dog "ate my copy"), the sheet rock thing can be covered by trim.... and that my hubby...who is extremely good natured --- was able to bring me another paycheck.....

And that Trevor lives in a home where ... for all his faults... he is dearly loved, because I wonder how it would have been for him if he wasn't ..............

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, Trevor! Good thing you're so cute! ANd it's a good thing you live with a "dog" family!!!

cynway said...

This is too cute of a story..how can you not love the little guy..love your blog..I read it everyday Cynthia

blogdog said...

Oh, Trevor! How can a dog who looks that innocent do all the things he's been accused of? (chuckle)

Every dog has something, I swear. I've had two "paper puppies" since I've had Beardies. Merlin used to shred newspapers, so you didn't dare leave the Sunday comics lying around while you went for another cup of coffee. Duncan only once chewed something of mine -- a large, expensive reference book I'd been considering returning. I sat down and explained to him that books were precious, and he never touched another one.

Dinah hasn't shown a lot of interest in paper, but we're hoping she's outgrown her attraction to Greg's socks and underwear in the laundry basket...