Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fool's Day!!!!

The first thing to be said about "April Fool's Day"... is HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Deb and to my brother-in-law, John!!!! From some stories that I have heard from the two of them, I think this can be a "hard" day to have a birthday on..... but, we are lucky, because these two great folks were born on this day, and we have them in our lives!!!! many, many happy day wishes to you both!!!

As promised, I shot some pictures of the neat presents that I received for MY birthday... the first is this cool "turtle stool" that Kas and Nate found for me in a little shop somewhere near their home. I guess this store has TONS of turtle things, and IF we get the chance to take a trip south... I will be sure to check this out!!!! Dancer is quite taken with this little stool, and I am keeping it near Titus tank, so that when me little niece comes to visit, she will be able to stand on it and see what Titus is up to.







My second very cool gift is from Deb (and Dave) and so happens to be yet another turtle!!! He is very nice and I can think of several places for him to live, but for now, I have him out on my antique sewing machine. I thought he looked quite comfty near the basket and the dog lamp. Several folks have noticed him already!!!




The next gifts come from Ed and Sadie... now, what do you get a girl who is expecting a new barn, and will have plenty of chores to do??? Barn stuff, of course!!!

So, here we have... a leaf blower.... I have swept enough ally ways to think there has be an "easier way" to do this.. and I am thinking that a leaf blower will do just the trick. Afterall, you're only moving dirt, hay, sawdust about and I am anxious to see if this idea is going to work out. Course the horses will have to get used to the sound of it.. but what a great "training opportunity"!!! Next we have two metal cans. I currently store my grain in two plastic cans, and it has worked fine for all these years, but Ed thought that the metal would be easier to wash out, and will certainly keep out any unwanted critters (though I won't be allowing any of those "sorts of critters" in my barn!!!!) There is also a broom, and a 5 tier metal shelf unit.. and last but not least... a new wheel barrow... the TWO wheeled kind!!!! After mucking stalls for the past 11 years, I have used a number of different wheel barrows, and for manure!!! THIS is the only one to have. Nothing is more upsetting then dumping a one wheeled barrow that is filled to the brim!!! (been there / done that). I am very excited about my new things!!!

When I opened up our barn door (the York barn that is) and got all excited about my things, Sadie said to Matt "you have to understand that only MY Mom could get excited about such things".. However, I know that isn't true... I bet some on you out there are thinking... "I could use some of those things!!!" must just be the circle of friends that I "chum" with!!!!!

Ok, April... you are suppose to be the start of "good weather"... let's just check out the Farmer's Almanac and see what's up for the month Solar, then doler; must this month be so bipolar? Wondrously warm, followed by thunderousy storms: Boom! Rain's a-fallin';streams a-risin; but there's hope on the horizon. Daffodils garland the hills. Doesn't sound too bad overall......

4 comments:

Flying Lily said...

No fooling! I am terribly jealous of your wheelbarrow. And you have got theeeee cutest barn coming along. this must just be a dream come true. Someone is doing some A-1 construction - it looks rock solid. Enjoy!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Thanks for stopping by - well aren't you just a person after my own heart. I LOVE these wheelborrows - after using one of these, you feel as though you are being tortured to have to use a single wheeled one. I have one and am getting at least one more for my mom's barn.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You got newer tools than we do!! But you don't have one thing WE got... a 6. ton woodsplitter!!

Yep, and I LOVE it! It's quiet, easy to handle, and, for once, you can talk over a woodsplitter than shout over a loud one.

Deb said...

Hey! I didn't know that today is John's birthday, too! Happy birthday to him! I'm with you on the tools and wheel barrow present idea! I got a wheelbarrow FULL of garden supplies lat year for Mother's Day, and I LOVED it!