Sunday, June 22, 2008

thunderstorm!!!!!

This picture doesn't really look like much, but what I was trying to show was a thunderstorm that was heading across the lake. We had been hearing the rumbles all afternoon.... so, we knew we were in for a "good one". I am NOT a fan of thunderstorms, and was very glad that Ed was here with me... er, us... for the dogs are all here as well.


I don't understand what is going on with the weather, we are getting "August" weather and its only June. For the past week, we have had thunderstorms almost daily... and not just rain and thunder, but lots of lightening and often hail. It's kind of creepy. This, of course, has brought haying to a screeching halt, I was hoping that all our hay would be in by now, but we still only have the first two loads brought in over a week ago. I am sure the "farmers" are just as unhappy about this!!!








The dogs and I had been out playing in the warm sunshine, but the first real clap of thunder sent them to the door and wanting... IN!! For the most part, Moxie, Hunter, Trevor and Cole don't really mind the weather.... Tazzy isn't too happy about it, but she can "manage"...






Camille on the other hand... is a total wreck!!! And no matter what you try to do for her, nothing is good enough. I did get a "remedy" from the holistic vet, but as the rain really opened up.. it was too late to run to the truck and try to get it. I wished I had tried it, for as "fierce" as this storm has been, it would have been a good test for it.... oh well, I fear there will be many other storms this summer and next time, I will be prepared.

Here's Hunter and Trevor snoozing on the couch (you can see in the background how dark it was... this was at 2:00 in the afternoon)... Poor Tazzy is trying to find a place to cuddle in with them... but they hardly care about that.
The fire scanner came alive with activity... lightening strikes all over the place, couple of houses were hit, as well as trees down and power outages... (so far we are still in the light here)...

So, as I happily blog and Camille trembles at my feet, we are seeing a bit of bright sky on it's way....

Whew... it's almost over


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how Cammie feels...

My younger sister, Kate, is SOOOO scared of thunderstorms, she would start crying when they got too close.

Well, I hope it wasn't that bad for you!!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

My Corgi gets so scared of thunder that she shakes all over and tries to hide in the strangest places. For some reason she is attracted to electricity during electrical storms and gets herself all tangled up in electrical wires. She rips them out of the wall and our computers, so we have to set up blockades or lock her in the bathroom where she can't hurt herself. She gets the same way when someone chews gum. I wish I could figure out the logic of it. As far as I know, nothing traumatic ever happened to her during an electrical storm nor when someone has chewed gun.

Deb said...

We heard the warnings on TV, NAte said that they had warnings in NC as well! We got just one quick boomer then a few small rain showers. Not much, compared to what you got! We missed you this weekend!