Tuesday, July 15, 2008

and tonite's menu is......


LOBSTER!!!! (and if you are from New England, the correct way of saying that is...."lobsta")...

Since Kas and Nate are here for "vacation" we only felt it appropriate to have a good old fashion New England lobster feed.....


So, we called our good friend and lobsterman, Gardner, and asked him to save some for us when he went out this morning...



He was "back in" around 2:30 with the mornings catch and pulled out some "beauties" for tonite's dinner.... you can't get much "fresher" than that...



This is the one time that it is "proper to play with your food".....


there will be more pics a little later on... and for my "mid-west" readers... if you ever get to visit New England, especially Maine... THIS is what it's all about!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like lobster, but I think I can deduce that you're loving it!!

I also can tell you've been having fun at camp!!!

Jules said...

I know. When we drove up through some of Maine on our way to Cananda we saw seafood restrauants every where! Funny thing is, neither my husband or I like sea food. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sue, you're making my mouth water! I can almost smell the sea air and taste the lobster. 'Wish it was closer!

lory said...

Oh, how I miss those Maine Lobster! Can't wait for a real New England lobster feed again.

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hey Sue:
It’s been much too long, hope all is well with you and yours. I liked your barn, from what I could see of it. I’ve had several projects going around here that I’ve met myself coming back! Oh yes, the lobsters, They look like those south Louisiana crawfish, (AKA Mudbugs). I haven’t been to a “Mudbug Boil” in way too long…!
Anyway, I thought I would tip-toe through your blog and leave a few footprints, hope you don’t mind…
Take care and remember, a Bumble Bee can fly faster than a John Deer Tractor..!!.............. JD